This award is presented annually to a high school junior who has shown intellectual promise, significant involvement in extracurricular activities, and community service.
- This year’s book is Benjamin Franklin, by Edmund S. Morgan.
- Currently, the Yale Book Award is offered at twenty six local high schools. Periodically, at the recommendation of a Yale parent or Alum (and after the recipient school approves), additional schools are added to our list.
- The Club welcomes contributions from members and non-members. You may endow a perpetual award to a high school of your choice for a contribution of $500; however, any amount is welcome.
Currently, the Yale Book Award is presented to the following schools:
- Abington High School
- Episcopal Academy
- The Agnes Irwin School
- Germantown Academy
- Penncrest High School
- The Baldwin School
- Harriton High School
- The Pennington School
- Barrack Hebrew Academy
- The Haverford School
- Philadelphia High School for Girls
- Central High School
- Haverford Senior High School
- Radnor Senior High School
- Cheltenham High School
- J. R. Masterman High School
- St. Joseph’s Preparatory School
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
- Jenkintown High School
- The Shipley School
- Country Day School of the Sacred Heart
- Norristown Area High School
- Strath Haven High School
- Delaware County Christian School
- North Penn High School
- Upper Dublin School District
- Springfield High School
Please contact Elizabeth Mahon M.Arch ’84 with questions.