Yale Day of Service
Saturday, May 11, 2019 | 9:00 am – noon
4000 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19104
(meet at the Green Zone on the map below)
Support our 2019 Yale Day of Service with an active morning of gardening to benefit The Woodlands. Afterward, you have some additional on-site options: 1) explore The Woodlands’ grounds in spring bloom surrounding the Hamilton Mansion, grave gardens, and gravesites of notables; or, 2) have a picnic if you bring your own food and the weather is inviting. To preview this unique historic site and the range of activities conducted there, click here.
–> Please register for our 2019 YDOS at The Woodlands here. <–
- Equipment– The site will have all necessary gardening tools and gloves
- Release– You will be asked to fill out a volunteer release form on site.
- Kids– Children of all ages are welcome with adult supervision.
- Safety– Because this is a natural area and cemetery, everyone should practice sensible safety. You may encounter ground hog holes, old stone walls and the like. Adults will be asked to help enforce the “no climbing on headstone” rule.
- Parking – It’s recommended that folks park in the blue highlighted area on the map below.
- Changes/Cancellation – If there is a cancellation due to weather, we will notify volunteers on ourwebsiteand Facebookpage, emails and calls/texts (if you provide contact information when you register).
- Contacts: Lisa firstname.lastname@example.org and Kay KayTFranklin@comcast.net
This event is sponsored by Yale Club of Philadelphia and co-sponsored by the Yale Black Alumni Association – Philadelphia.